Where does Steph Curry rank all time? Revisiting our Top 75 participant record

You could have heard that the NBA celebrated its seventy fifth anniversary this 12 months. You could have read some of the words we wrote about that anniversary with our personal celebration of the league we cowl. You could have heard that Stephen Curry, No. 15 on our The Athletic NBA75 list, just lately received his fourth title and first NBA Finals MVP with the Golden State (nĂ© Philadelphia) Warriors, one of many “original” Basketball Association of America groups from the inaugural 1946-47 season.

By profitable his fourth ‘chip, Curry entered an exclusive club who have won four titles and two regular-season MVPs: Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan and LeBron James. Curry becomes the seventh. That’s elite firm, as all of these gamers are in The Athletic NBA75 high 10.

All of which obtained us considering: If these guys are high 10, the place does that put Curry now? At No. 15 on our preliminary record, he’d must clear 5 gamers to get into the highest 10. Should he? We gathered a few of the authentic panelists and different writers for a dialogue about Curry’s historic significance.



This Steph Curry man, he’s fairly good. (Kyle Terada / USA Today)

Where would you rank Steph Curry now? (His cumulative ranking was 15th on our original list)

Jason Jones: Curry is actually high 10. I’d have him behind Jordan, LeBron, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Wilt, Russell and Kobe. Then I feel we’re within the Steph vary. I’d place him forward of Larry Bird.

Joe Vardon: Curry was 13th on my ballot, which meant I used to be two areas larger on Curry’s historic affect than the imply. Would I transfer him up any extra? I don’t wish to be a prisoner of the second. If you set Curry, who’s 6-3, and thought of his full sport, which incorporates protection and rebounding, towards Kevin Durant, who’s about 7-feet tall and thought of a wonderful participant in each aspect, it’s robust to say Curry wins that comparability. But Curry did change how a complete sport is performed. He has received 4 titles, two with out Durant. I don’t penalize Curry for utilizing the three as his final weapon — it’s a reasonably deadly one. He is among the nice ballhandlers of all time, and he can carve up a protection as a passer. For years, although, the Warriors needed to cover him on protection. He did have that evident weak spot made up for by taking part in alongside Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and, sure, Durant. I don’t assume he strikes into the highest 10.

John Hollinger: I had him nineteenth in our authentic train. Here’s the factor: Once you’re within the high 20, it’s fairly exhausting to maneuver up. Curry didn’t want a hoop to validate his profession; he’s already received an MVP, and he’s already established as an all-time nice. So what’s totally different about how we really feel about him as we speak? It’s yet another counting accomplishment, but it surely doesn’t actually redefine what already occurred. Does this transfer him up previous, say, Dirk Nowitzki and David Robinson on my record? I feel he has a stronger argument now than he did a 12 months in the past, however the bulk of that argument is from 2015 to 2020 both method. Sooo … he’s undoubtedly extra firmly a top-20 participant with ring No. 4, however the bar to maneuver the needle at this stage is insanely excessive. Let’s name him No. 17 on my record now.

Or Moyal: fifteenth.

Damon Sayles: I’ll personal it: I had Curry ranked No. 30 in my personal NBA 75 ranking, the bottom of all the opposite panelists. Had him ranked decrease than others as a result of I wished to see if he might be equally nice in his ultimate years. He’s received me over. This NBA Finals has me considering he’s simply high 20 all time. I’ve him at No. 17 — for now. Saying “for now” as a result of he nonetheless has a few seasons to rise much more.

Jon Greenberg: I feel it’s a must to transfer Curry as much as No. 11. It feels heretical to say a present participant deserves to leap the likes of Jerry West and Oscar Robertson, however then you consider this fourth title, how lengthy Curry has been doing this … and it feels proper, truly. I choose gamers on greater than stats and rings, however Curry isn’t precisely missing in historic affect, is he? He’s modified the way in which folks play and understand basketball. He’s a celebrity and an envoy to the sport. This is only a wild assumption, however I’d guess he’s offered extra children jerseys than any NBA participant ever, particularly exterior of his personal market. Every child needs to be like Steph.

Jovan Buha: I’d have him eleventh on our record, although I’d observe that I’d have him over Wilt Chamberlain on my private record and inside the highest 10. Steph has joined this group of gamers which have received at the very least 4 championships, one Finals MVP and two MVPs: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Tim Duncan, LeBron James, Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson. Those are, primarily based on our record and most of the people’s lists, the best 5 gamers at their respective positions. That’s fairly the corporate. Curry is both within the high 10 or proper exterior of it.

Mike Prada: The dialog begins with Shaquille O’Neal at No. 8. Squint exhausting sufficient, and I feel you would make a case for as excessive as No. 5 forward of Magic Johnson. I’m not there but, however I’m getting nearer. The high eight had been all paradigm-shifting gamers who reimagined how the sport might be performed. That’s Steph in a nutshell.

Rob Peterson: We had Curry at No. 15 on The Athletic NBA75, and as a panelist, I had him 14th on my record.

As for The Athletic’s rating, Curry had these legends within the 5 spots forward of him: Jerry West, Kevin Durant, Oscar Robertson, Hakeem Olajuwon and Kobe Bryant at No. 10. Does including a fourth title and a Finals MVP to the resume vault him previous any of these guys? I’d need to guess sure. Curry has three extra titles than the Logo and the Big O, yet another regular-season MVP and twice as many titles as Durant and Olajuwon. The solely place he falls quick is Finals MVPs. OK, wonderful, no matter. But including a Finals MVP mainly cleans the one stain (I can’t consider this was even a factor, actually) off his stellar resume and provides one other layer to his pyramid of superior greatness.

Curry is the best shooter in NBA historical past, one of many biggest gamers when it comes to gravity and one of many few in historical past (George Mikan, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar, Elgin Baylor, Dr. J and Magic Johnson) who can lay declare to altering how the sport is performed. If Curry vaults previous West, KD, the Big O and Hakeem on our record, does this title and Finals MVP push him previous Kobe into our high 10? That can be an attention-grabbing re-examination for our panel.

As for my record, I had Curry at No. 14, Kobe at 13, Olajuwon at No. 12 and KD at 11. I’d transfer Curry forward of Kobe and Hakeem, after which I’d must weigh the Curry-KD dynamic. I’ll have been irrationally exuberant in placing KD at No. 11 after final 12 months’s gallant, quixotic cost within the Eastern Conference semis towards the Bucks, however KD is a generational participant and all-time scorer. So is Steph. They teamed up for 2 titles. KD received the 2 Finals MVPs for these championships. Who was higher? Who is higher? If I needed to vote once more, I’d put Curry at No. 12 and KD nonetheless at 11. But I’m positive somebody, someplace will attempt to change my thoughts.

USATSI 18314705 scaled e1655499096951


After being keys to the fourth Warriors title in eight seasons, do Klay Thompson and Draymond Green belong within the high 75? (Kelley L Cox / USA Today)

Where would you rank the opposite members of the Warriors now? Have any finished sufficient to crack the highest 75?

Jason Jones: This doesn’t change something for me with any of the opposite Warriors. Curry is the catalyst for this group, and he did it the season when Klay Thompson wasn’t in prime type.

Joe Vardon: I want to put Klay on my poll. He is the omission from our record and from the NBA’s record. That was at all times probably the most upsetting to me. This will not be about reacting to a different title, as a result of I believed it was an oversight when it occurred. I’d wish to swap him with Damian Lillard and power Dame to re-earn his method onto the record by profitable.

John Hollinger: Curry was the one present Warrior in my high 75, and that might not change primarily based on this season. Draymond Green improved his case as a result of longevity is the most important factor to carry towards him, however he’s not there but.

Damon Sayles: I’ve Klay Thompson barely forward of Draymond Green in my private rankings, however I’ve each of them simply exterior my high 75. I consider each are top-100 gamers all time, however each are in all probability nearer to high 80 or high 85. I’m snug with my record, however there’s nonetheless time for them to alter my thoughts.

Jon Greenberg: It’s a troublesome name, proper? I’m thrilled that Klay Thompson was capable of return and contribute, however he’s not himself but. Draymond Green grabbing rebounds and even hitting 3s was a giant cause the Warriors received Game 6, however he wasn’t at his finest all sequence. I truthfully doubt both one makes a high 75 record, and that’s OK. They’ll each be Hall of Famers, and by the point they retire, they may problem Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen for rings.

Jovan Buha: If Draymond Green or Klay Thompson had been higher through the postseason, particularly through the NBA Finals, I’d have thought of transferring one or each within the high 75. I don’t assume both is kind of there. For what it’s price, I’ve Green forward of Thompson. Their circumstances are clearly stronger now, however each are nonetheless honorable mentions for me.

Mike Prada: I’d put each on there, although I don’t really feel strongly about it. Draymond’s most blatant comp is Dennis Rodman, whom we had ranked No. 62. He’s inferior to Rodman however is getting shut. Klay vs. Damian Lillard is a type of everlasting winning-vs-numbers arguments, and I are inclined to worth profitable greater than some others.

Or Moyal: Draymond Green and Klay Thompson have arguments for inclusion on the again finish of the 75. I wouldn’t add them fairly but however assume they’re shut.

Rob Peterson: I had Klay Thompson at No. 64 on my record, so he wouldn’t fall off. He in all probability wouldn’t transfer up both, however 64 feels proper for Klay, one of many biggest shooters in historical past and a rattling good defender. As for Draymond Green, I don’t assume he’s a top-75 participant of all time, however his affect and affect on this Warriors dynasty is plain. He does so many issues so nicely, and he’s one of many biggest defensive gamers of this or any era. But for me — and sure, that is old fashioned of me — numbers matter. Draymond simply doesn’t have the manufacturing numbers that a few of the all-time greats have. That stated, he and Klay are headed to Springfield (however that’s one other column).

USATSI 17643814 scaled e1655499074613


Giannis Antetokounmpo had one other MVP-level season. Would he transfer up our record? (Gary A. Vasquez / USA Today)

Which different energetic members of the original 75 list would you progress up primarily based on this season Are there any you’d transfer down or out?

John Hollinger: Giannis Antetokounmpo had one other MVP-caliber season and would in all probability slide up a bit, though I had him larger than most already. He was twenty second on my record; he in all probability ought to slide forward of Jerry West and Moses Malone into my high 20. On the flip aspect, Anthony Davis and Russell Westbrook didn’t precisely cowl themselves in glory this 12 months, however the e book on Westbrook has principally been written. Davis has a stronger case for a drop, though not all the way in which out of the highest 75.

Jason Jones: James Harden didn’t assist his case with one other lackluster postseason. Anthony Davis didn’t assist his case both with an injury-plagued season. Damian Lillard was harm a lot of the season too. I’m not dropping them out of the highest 75, however there’s some consideration to reshuffling their spots.

Joe Vardon: The participant closest to a demotion can be Russell Westbrook, but when we’re being sincere, we didn’t place him on our 75 as a result of we anticipated massive issues from him on the Lakers. He was there as a result of he’d already given us an incredible MVP profession.

Damon Sayles: I had Giannis Antetokounmpo fairly low. I had him at No. 51 on my authentic record. He’s a top-25, top-30 participant. Maybe even a top-20 participant. And he has just a few good years nonetheless left, assuming he stays wholesome. Giannis is a freakish athlete, and he continues to hone his expertise. The future is shiny for him and scary for many who play towards him.

Jon Greenberg: Man, it wasn’t an amazing season for lots of the energetic members of the highest 75 record, was it? LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard had been all on one group that didn’t make the playoffs! Did you hear about that? Kind of went underneath the radar. James Harden isn’t precisely trying like an all-time participant anymore. Giannis Antetokounmpo had an unimaginable season and tried his damndest to hold the Bucks to a different NBA Finals. He was No. 24 initially, so he’s going to maneuver up on the record. It’s form of comical to see him listed simply above John Stockton. At this level, Giannis is perhaps simply behind Curry. Chris Paul, who simply turned 37, was having an amazing season earlier than the playoffs, the place his previous rep caught as much as him. Kevin Durant was Kevin Durant, undone by his personal unhealthy resolution to hitch the wildly gifted however unreliable Kyrie Irving in Brooklyn. Damian Lillard solely performed 29 video games due to damage. I feel, particularly with the non-LeBron Lakers and Harden, there’s a case for transferring a few of these guys down.

Jovan Buha: I’d preserve Kevin Durant at 13, which might require transferring him forward of Oscar Robertson (as a result of I moved Curry up from 15 to be forward of each of them). I’d transfer Giannis Antetokounmpo as much as No. 23, previous Elgin Baylor. I feel Chris Paul (30) and James Harden (33) take minor hits for me after the postseason. And Russell Westbrook (46) and Anthony Davis (53) undergo barely larger drops, as Westbrook’s post-MVP run has been disappointing, and Davis’ post-title run has been injury-riddled. I’d take Damian Lillard off the record totally.

Mike Prada: Others have lined the gamers who ought to drop. I’d love to put Giannis Antetokounmpo larger, but it surely’s actually exhausting to leap him above Elgin Baylor contemplating the way in which the latter was the unique model of lots of the future high-flyers on the record – Giannis included. I’d bounce Chris Paul up a pair spots regardless of yet one more postseason flameout. I feel he’s handed John Stockton at this level.

Or Moyal: Nikola Jokić and Joel Embiid transfer up. I’d transfer James Harden and Anthony Davis down just a few spots.

Rob Peterson: Let’s see: LeBron stays at No. 2. KD at 13 appears proper. We talked about Curry above. I had Giannis Antetokounmpo in my high 20 (at No. 20), and he’s No. 24 on our record. I may see the panel re-evaluating Giannis and placing him high 20, however he’d must leapfrog Elgin Baylor, Charles Barkley, Dirk Nowitzki and David Robinson. The solely factor that might forestall Giannis from doing that’s that he’s nonetheless solely 27 and has loads of profession forward of him. By the top, I may see him pushing the highest 10. Chris Paul at No. 30 appears proper. So does Hames Harden at No. 33 and Kawhi Leonard at No. 34. I’d ding Russell Westbrook and Anthony Davis for his or her not-so-great seasons, however solely as a result of I’d transfer a present two-time MVP forward of them (See: the subsequent query). Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony and Damian Lillard are attention-grabbing circumstances. Howard and Anthony are wonderful the place they’re as a result of they had been on the again finish of their careers because it was after we voted. Dame’s injury-plagued season might be used as a detriment towards him, possibly sliding him down just a few spots from No. 66. But if he returns at full Dame Time power, I feel just a few (“Where are the ringz?!?! Where’s his MVP?!?!) will query his spot on the record.

Jokic Draymond 220617 scaled e1655499010605


Nikola Jokic has an amazing case to be included in a high 75 after profitable his second consecutive NBA MVP in 2021-22. (Cary Edmondson / USA Today)

Have any energetic gamers whom we identified as candidates for a future top 100 list finished sufficient to leap into the highest 75?

Damon Sayles: Nikola Jokić ought to be the proper reply throughout the board. A two-time NBA MVP, four-time NBA All-Star and four-time all-NBA participant ought to be processed and accepted. He will not be everybody’s cup of tea, however Jokić is the true deal as an elite basketball participant.

Jason Jones: Nikola Jokić has the perfect case to maneuver into the highest 75 primarily based on his two MVPs, however that’s nonetheless not sufficient for me. Things may change for me in just a few years.

Joe Vardon: As a two-time MVP, Jokić strikes into the highest 75. Take Lillard or Carmelo Anthony or one of many gamers who performed within the Nineteen Fifties or Nineteen Sixties off it.

John Hollinger: Nikola Jokić! Clearly, clearly; I had him in my high 50, and he’d solely transfer up primarily based on this 12 months. He ought to have been on our authentic record. I had Luka Doncić and Joel Embiid in my high 75 even earlier than this season as nicely and would put them in there too. Guys like Jayson Tatum, Ja Morant and Devin Booker nonetheless have a bit extra work to do.

Jon Greenberg: Nikola Jokić, Joel Embiid and Luka Doncić are those who’ve a case proper now, however on this train, have they finished sufficient but to benefit inclusion? They may simply slot in close to the underside, however I feel this record ought to nonetheless acknowledge the historical past of the sport (Dolph Schayes, and so forth.) and there’s solely a lot room. But they are going to be on the subsequent such record. Plus, they signify the current and future globalization of the sport.

Jovan Buha: Nikola Jokic ought to be on the record, particularly after his second MVP. Joel Embiid and Luka Doncić seem like they’ll crack the record throughout the subsequent couple of years, however I’m not there but. Green and Thompson went from weak honorable mentions to robust honorable mentions.

Mike Prada: Jokić for positive, and probably Embiid as nicely.

Or Moyal: Not fairly but. But Luka Doncić and Jayson Tatum could be part of the group quickly.

Rob Peterson: Yes, and I provide my sincerest apologies to Nikola Jokić, who was on my record at No. 74 however didn’t make our grasp record. The factor about Jokić on the time of our voting final 12 months was that he had performed simply 453 video games. Was that sufficient for all-time greatness? Well, he answered that query this season along with his second consecutive MVP.

He’s a top-50 participant. You can argue with me, however you’d be fallacious and also you’d solely be arguing to listen to your self say one thing. The record of a number of MVP winners is brief (15 whole) and back-to-back is shorter (13). He’s the best or second-best passing big of all time (Hi, Arvydas Sabonis!). He can rating, rebound and distribute. His no-look passing is artwork. To deny his greatness is silly. He’s on the record, and now, deep into it … or at the very least he ought to be. (And as I have a look at my record, there are different issues I’d like to alter, corresponding to James Worthy being forward of George Mikan. But that’s for one more day.)

Also, I feel Luka Doncić ought to in all probability be within the 75 primarily based on expertise alone and his capacity to have an effect on video games. He’ll be there finally. So will Joel Embiid if he stays wholesome.

USATSI 18106967 scaled e1655498890137


Does Jimmy Butler belong within the high 75? (Jim Rassol / USA Today)

Is there anybody else who performed their method into top-75 consideration this season?

John Hollinger: It will get more durable and more durable to dismiss Jimmy Butler when he retains doing such superb stuff within the playoffs.

Mike Prada: Udonis Haslem for sustaining Heat Culture for the 700th consecutive 12 months. Just kidding. Jimmy Butler is an effective name. Paul George may’ve merited extra of a glance if he performed extra video games this season.

Jason Jones: Draymond has a compelling argument, however a part of that is numbers, and his won’t ever bounce out.

Jon Greenberg: See No. 4. You produce other guys on the watch record like Ja Morant and Devin Booker, for instance, however they’ve to perform much more earlier than we get into high 75 territory. But that’s the fantastic thing about the game, proper? New expertise retains coming. The sport evolves.

Damon Sayles: See No. 4. Can’t say sufficient about Jokić. Joel Embiid could also be a type of guys too.

Jovan Buha: I feel Doncić confirmed that it’s solely a matter of time till he’s within the high third of this record. I can envision him retiring a top-15 participant ever, with the potential to be thought of even larger, relying on what number of championships and MVPs he finally racks up. Jimmy Butler is a dark-horse candidate who’s not often talked about. I feel him main the Heat to a different convention finals bumps him up the honorable point out record. He’s one other deep playoff run or two from incomes critical consideration from me.

Or Moyal: Jokić and Embiid. I had them on my preliminary record however would push more durable for them to make the general group now.

Rob Peterson: The 75 not within the 100? Hmm … nobody but moreover the three above — Jokić, Doncić and Embiid — for me are on the 75 record. But the long run — Trae Young, Jayson Tatum, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell — is in good palms. I’d even be remiss to not level out how good Jrue Holiday and Khris Middleton have been through the Bucks’ latest run of success. If that they had gone back-to-back, they’d be Hall of Famers (sure, one other column) and will make an argument for high 75 inclusion (manufacturing plus titles = greatness).

USATSI 17674500 scaled e1655499170726


LeBron James and Curry now have received 4 NBA titles apiece. (Cary Edmondson / USA Today)

What extra should Stephen Curry do to get into the GOAT dialog?

John Hollinger: Realistically, he’s not in it and by no means might be. He’s 34 years previous and has but to have a season that might match the height efforts of LeBron James and Michael Jordan. He didn’t make first-team All-NBA this 12 months and was twenty third in regular-season PER. I’m not saying this to dunk on him, however biggest ever is a reasonably freaking excessive bar to clear. He ain’t it. Greatest small participant ever? Now that could be a extra attention-grabbing dialog. Among gamers 6-5 or smaller, his primary competitors is West, Oscar Robertson and Chris Paul, and I feel he’s moved previous them.

Mike Prada: I feel he’s already there. Statistically, he’s nowhere near MJ, Bron, Kareem, or lots of the guys within the high 15. But no quantity, even inside our ever-growing analytics toolbox, correctly conveys the affect Curry has made on the game. The apparent instance is along with his long-range taking pictures, and that, after all, has been revolutionary. (So revolutionary, in reality, that I wrote a complete e book concerning the results of the revolution he personifies! Preorder now, available Nov. 1!). Beyond that, although, no person in NBA historical past has finished extra to show the warp the idea of worth. For generations, NBA greats enforced their will on the sport straight. Curry, alternatively, discovered a method to take action not directly, leveraging his superpower as a decoy to show complete video games into Warriors energy performs. He was the cheese and defenders grew to become the mice that foolishly chased him whereas another person capitalized. That functionality, to me, provides so many layers of affect on high of his accomplishments. Beyond that, Curry confirmed that it’s potential to be ruthless, exceedingly assured, petty, even boastful whereas additionally being supremely unselfish. He’s proven how staying unfastened is definitely the way in which to achieve unshakeable psychological toughness, not a pitfall. I think we are going to come to understand these transcendent qualities much more with time.

Damon Sayles: Michael Jordan is the GOAT, in my view, and it’ll take a TON for me to alter my thoughts. For Curry, profitable one other championship undoubtedly helps his argument, significantly if it’s finished the way in which he received this one. He put this Golden State group on his again for six video games, and it seems like if the sequence went to a seventh sport, we might have seen one thing epic from him.

Joe Vardon: Curry will not be going to be within the GOAT dialogue as a result of, in a barbershop, patrons and barbers are going to right away evaluate Curry’s physicality to that of MJ, LeBron, Kareem, et. al, and disqualify him. There had been additionally quite a lot of seasons when Curry was arguably not even the perfect participant on his personal group. I suppose if the Warriors win a number of titles on the finish of Curry’s profession, and he’s the highest participant on all or most of these groups, he may slide into the dialogue. But it’s unlikely.

Jon Greenberg: I feel Curry’s legacy is established as the perfect shooter of all time. Is {that a} pejorative? It depends upon the context, I suppose. But that is nonetheless a giant man’s sport and a giant guard’s sport, and Curry’s measurement will at all times be checked out a minor slight, even when it shouldn’t be. It’s a waste of time to check him, or anybody, to Jordan. I wrote about why here and even quoted Curry’s coach, Steve Kerr. But Curry has finished the sports-talk industrial complicated a large favor as a result of now they’ll use him to slander LeBron James, which is the fifth-most well-liked sport within the U.S. (Sorry, soccer.) Where do you rank Curry towards the late Kobe Bryant? Curry will preserve scoring and possibly he wins one other title or two to maintain these meaningless (however irresistible) conversations going.

Jovan Buha: I’m undecided. I feel it’d be tough for him to completely enter the GOAT dialog with Michael Jordan, LeBron James and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Realistically, I see Curry’s ceiling as fourth all time, which continues to be, clearly, nice. This is the place not profitable as many MVPs and Finals MVPs hurts him. For people who assume that’s unfair, that’s simply the usual for the best gamers of all time. If Curry can solely maintain his personal in championships, and never with MVPs, Finals MVPs, All-Star choices and All-NBA sections (and he has a large deficit with the three aforementioned names in these classes), then I can’t put him forward of them. Optimistically, I feel one other championship and Finals MVP strikes him into the highest six. Two extra titles places him fourth. If he continues to win extra past that, I’m prepared to alter my stance. Ad issues stand, I count on him to complete inside the highest eight.

Or Moyal: Maintaining his greatness for so long as potential. He’s aged very nicely and his sport and conditioning ought to enable him to proceed that development, but when he performs at an All-Star stage for just a few extra years, it’ll be robust to contest that he’s the best level guard of all time.

Jason Jones: If Curry wins a fifth ring or perhaps a sixth, he’s within the GOAT dialogue. But as a top-10 participant (in my view) all time, he’s already within the dialogue. He’s the best shooter we’ve ever seen.

Rob Peterson: If you’re near the highest 10 or in some folks’s high 10, I feel you’re already within the GOAT convo. Curry is certainly the best shooter of all time, and as I famous above, he can lay declare to altering how the sport is performed, which routinely vaults one into the Greatest dialogue. But in case you’re asking what tangible factor he may do to place him within the GOAT convo, any certainly one of these three, particular person or mixed, would do it: regular-season MVP, NBA title, Finals MVP. One of these three might be sufficient, particularly contemplating if the Warriors repeat, Steph can be in uncommon, ahem, air.

And one very last thing…

Damon Sayles: Let’s regulate Andrew Wiggins for the subsequent 5 to seven years. Not saying he ought to be thought of on this dialog now, but when he performs the remainder of his profession wherever near how he played in these NBA Finals, he can earn his stripes as somebody we ought to be discussing among the many greats.


Related studying

Thompson: Golden State trio belongs among NBA’s best
Kawakami: Pride, pettiness and a special Warriors title
Amick: Why the Draymond Green-Warriors partnership perseveres

Related listening

(Top photograph of Stephen Curry: David Butler II / USA Today)



Where does Steph Curry rank all time? Revisiting our Top 75 participant record
Source: Panapanahon News

Post a Comment

0 Comments